Modist takes great pride in providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive atmosphere. We constantly strive to model this by the staff we hire, the guests that visit our taproom, vendors and relationships we build with other companies and the marketing of our brand in the community.
At Modist, we are committed to the following:
- Viewing diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, anti-oppression and equity as a way to strengthen our company and mission.
- Further foster the well being of our staff and customers
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training for owners and staff
- Implement a harassment training program for all present and future employees
- Foster and support people, causes, and charities that align with our code of conduct and facilitate a strong community
- Actively working to negate conversations or actions that are considered derogatory, discriminatory or unwelcomed by staff/patrons
- Create opportunities for staff to communicate their own values and have those values be reflected in what Modist Brewing is as a company
- Vetting and holding accountable any company we collaborate with, contractors we use and artists we work with to the same standards as we hold ourselves to.
Modist Brewing Co. seeks to provide an environment free from violence or threats of violence against individuals, groups, or employees, or threats against company property—including partner violence—that may occur on our property. Partner violence is an abusive behavior occurring between two people in an intimate relationship. It may include physical violence, sexual, emotional, and psychological intimidation, verbal abuse, stalking, and economic control.
This policy requires that all individuals on company premises or while representing Modist conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with good business practices and in absolute conformity with nonviolence principles and standards.
We are committed to a positive, harassment-free work environment. Modist Brewing Co. strictly prohibits discrimination against, or harassment of any employee by a coworker, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any other individual.
Harassment based on a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited by Modist Brewing Co.
While all forms of offensive, inappropriate, and discriminatory behavior are prohibited, we want to emphasize that sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Sexual harassment is a violation of State and Federal laws and is strictly prohibited. Each employee or representative has a responsibility to keep the workplace free of any form of sexual harassment.
Sexual harassment consists of unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct or communication of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct or communication is either explicitly or implicitly made a term or condition of obtaining or retaining employment
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct or communication by an individual is used as the basis of employment decisions affecting such individual’s employment.
- Such conduct or communication has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s employment/work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment, which can consist of a wide range of unwanted or unwelcome behavior, may include, but is not limited to:
- Unsolicited verbal sexual comments, suggestive comments, or repeated propositions
- Remarks about an individual’s body, manner, or sexual activities
- Unnecessary touching
- Subtle pressure for sexual activity
- The display in the workplace for sexually suggestive objects or pictures, including nude photographs
- Unwanted staring or leering
- Physical assault
- Demanding sexual favors accompanied by implied or overt threats of preferential treatment with regard to an individual’s employment, and granting employment benefits or opportunities because of individual’s submission to sexual advances or favors
If at any time you believe harassment, sexual or otherwise, is taking place, you should immediately contact our Human Resource Consultant, your manager, or the Modist Brewing Co. owners. Modist is committed to resolving any problems, but we can do so only if we are aware of them. Modist encourages any individual who believes they are being harassed to report any and all incidents of perceived harassment.
Modist Brewing Co. will promptly and thoroughly investigate harassment complaints and take appropriate action. Part of the complaint process will be a written documentation of reported events. Any person who is found to have committed prohibited harassment will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
CONFIDENTIALITY & NO RETALIATION
Every effort will be made to ensure confidentiality; however, information may be revealed on a need-to-know basis. If you are found to have purposely breached confidentiality, you may face further disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Retaliation against an individual for making a complaint under this policy, for opposing harassment, or for participating in an investigation of any claim regarding harassment or inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited. Modist will take all appropriate steps to protect our employees from such retaliation. Modist prohibits false accusations of any kind. Any person who is found to have committed false accusations or retaliation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Harassment, sexual or otherwise, as prohibited by this policy is considered a form of employee misconduct. Staff members who violate this policy are subject to discipline as deemed appropriate by management, up to and including termination. If an investigation results in a finding that this policy has been violated, the mandatory minimum discipline is a written warning. The discipline for very serious or repeat violations could result in termination of employment.
If at any time you believe harassment, sexual or otherwise, is taking place, you should immediately contact our Human Resource Consultant, Maryjo Vickers (employees see handbook), your manager, or the Modist Brewing Co. owners. If you are a customer or contractor please use email HR@modistbrewing.com. Modist is committed to resolving any problems, but we can do so only if we are aware of them. Modist encourages any individual who believes they are being harassed to report any and all incidents of perceived harassment.
Modist Brewing Co. will promptly and thoroughly investigate harassment complaints as appropriate, and take appropriate action. Part of the complaint process will be a written documentation of reported events. Any person who is found to have committed prohibited harassment will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.